Stock Ticker is extension for WordPress that help you to easy display ticker tape with stock prices information with data provided by
Yahoo Finance Google Finance AlphaVantage.co.
Plugin is also available on GitHub github.com/urosevic/stock-ticker
- Set global set of symbols you’ll use site-wide
- Configure default set of stock symbols that will be displayed in ticker inserted by empty shortcode
- Configure default presence of company as Company Name or as Stock Symbol
- Configure colours for unchanged quote, negative and positive changes with colour picker
- Disable scrolling ticker and make it static
- Define custom names for companies to be used instead of the symbols
- Define custom elements as a part of visible value
Download plugin below or visit WordPress page for Stock Ticker.
Or visit official WordPress.org page here https://wordpress.org/plugins/stock-ticker/
Easy install Stock Ticker as any other ordinary WordPress plugin
- Go to Plugins –> Add New
- Search for Stock Ticker plugin
- Install and activate Stock Ticker
- Get a free API Key from AlphaVantage.co
- In WordPress Dashboard go to Settings –> Stock Ticker
- Enter in field AlphaVantage.co API Key Alpha Vantage API Key you got in previous step (check this screenshot)
- In field All Stock Symbols enter all stock symbols you’ll use on website, separated by comma. This field is used to fetch stock data from AlphaVantage.co API by AJAX in background. Because AV have only API to get data for single symbol, that can take a while to get. Please note, for default symbols we still have field in Default Settings section of plugin.
- Enable Auto Refresh option because on first load if we do not have data downloaded from AlphaVantage.co they will be loaded through AJAX after a while.
- Insert shortcode
[stock_ticker]to page or post, or Stock Ticker Widget to preferred Widget Area
Supported Stock Exchange Markets
- ASX – Australian Securities Exchange
- BOM – Bombay Stock Exchange
- BIT – Borsa Italiana Milan Stock Exchange
- TSE – Canadian/Toronto Securities Exchange
- FRA – Deutsche Boerse Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- ETR – Deutsche Boerse Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- AMS – Euronext Amsterdam
- EBR – Euronext Brussels
- ELI – Euronext Lisbon
- EPA – Euronext Paris
- LON – London Stock Exchange
- MCX – Moscow Exchange
- NASDAQ – NASDAQ Exchange
- CPH – NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen
- HEL – NASDAQ OMX Helsinki
- ICE – NASDAQ OMX Iceland
- STO – NASDAQ OMX Stockholm
- NSE – National Stock Exchange of India
- NYSE – New York Stock Exchange
- SGX – Singapore Exchange
- SHA – Shanghai Stock Exchange
- SHE – Shenzhen Stock Exchange
- TPE – Taiwan Stock Exchange
- TYO – Tokyo Stock Exchange
First of all, define basic settings for plugin on Settings –> Stock Ticker page. There you can set:
- Single or list of stock symbols separate by comma (example: GOOG,YHOO,MSFT,AAPL).
- How company will be presented on ticker (as company name or as stock symbol).
- Colour for unchanged quote, negative change and positive change.
- Custom names for symbols that will be used (example: “Cisco Systems Inc.”). Single symbol per line in format SYMBOL;CUSTOM_NAME (symbol and name separated with semicolon).
- Cache timeout for caching feeds (prevent slow website load when you have huge traffic).
- Custom error message that will be displayed instead of quotes in ticker when app fail to load quotes.
- Custom CSS style for ticker item (font family, font size, font weight).
Then you can insert ticker as:
[stock_ticker]on post or page
- widget to preferred widget area
- by inserting PHP code to theme file:
<?php echo do_shortcode("[stock_ticker]"); ?>
Both, shortcode and widget, you can additionally customize and use multiple instances with different set of stock symbols and quote colours.
Shortcode support same parameters as default settings and widget. Full syntax example:
[stock_ticker symbols="IBM,CSCO,AAPL,INTC" show="symbol" static="0"]
So, available parameters are:
symbols– (string) single or comma separated stock symbols
show– (string) can be
namefor Company Name or
symbolfor Stock Symbol
number_formatoverride default number format for values (default from this settings page used if no custom set by shortcode). Valid options are:
sdfor 0 000.00 and
scfor 0 000,00
decimalsoverride default number of decimal places for values (default from this settings page used if no custom set by shortcode). Valid values are: 1, 2, 3 and 4
static– (boolean) enable static unordered list instead scrolling ticker
prefill– (boolean) to start with pre-filled instead empty ticker set to 1 or true
duplicate– (boolean) if there is less items than visible on the ticker, set this to 1 or true to make it continuous
speed– (integer) tune speed of StockTicker block rendered by shortcode
class– customize block look and feel set custom CSS class (optional)
Multi instance widget can be re-configured with all settings available for default plugin settings. So, you can (again) set individual:
- stock symbols
- how will company be represented (as name or stock symbol)
- colour for unchanged quote, negative and positive change
- make ticker static (or not)
And we appreciate your support
Spread voice about Stock Ticker on social networks, rate and review on WordPress.org, feedback in comments below or